early morning lake

kalimist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
still learning

lake.jpg

Well since all of the shadowed areas are already black... you could have underexposed it by a good 2 stops and at least show some detail in the sky.

From the technical POV it's not very good.

You should've either arrived there earlier... when the sun isn't as harsh and when there is more mist in the air... you'd get propet exposure...

Or maybe next time mount the cam on the tripod and do exposure bracketing... and then photoshop it...

voodoocat said:
Well since all of the shadowed areas are already black... you could have underexposed it by a good 2 stops and at least show some detail in the sky.

Interesting what you say! How would you know that beforehand if you don't have a digital camera?
I have an SLR and don't know the result until the film is developed. Is there any hidden trick?
I basically agree with your critique, but I am just curious about how to do it if not having a DSLR... :?:

Axel said:
voodoocat said:

Interesting what you say! How would you know that beforehand if you don't have a digital camera?
I have an SLR and don't know the result until the film is developed. Is there any hidden trick?
I basically agree with your critique, but I am just curious about how to do it if not having a DSLR... :?:

If your not sure....Bracket, bracket, bracket :)

Axel said:
IOW, take half a roll just on one object/scene?

Some pictures are very easy to judge the right exposure, but with sunrises and such where there is varing degrees of light, bracketing is the only way go. Maybe some professionals can get away with one picture but I do not think that you or I are at that level, after all it is not the amount of pictures taken but the quality of the few good ones we take.

Axel said:
voodoocat said:

Well you can take two meter readings. One from the sky and one from the shadows. Since none of the foreground is touched by direct sunlight, I would have just gone with the sky reading.

hmm you see.. if I were you I'd took it a little bit underexposed.. maybe close the apperture... for me the sky is far too overexposed, too bright and it messes everything...

and maybe try cropping it or taking from the different angle... although the reflection is nice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back