Eastbourne

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just spent a nice weekend with some friends by the coast in Easbourne... didn't take many photos really, but heres a few I thought weren't so bad. I was mostly trying to shoot in direct sunlight on a dull day which I found fairly challenging.

The last two photos are from Beachy Head, renowned as being a place where several people have taken their own lives.

8.jpg

beachyhead3.jpg

beachyhead4copy.jpg

I like the second one.
Maybe darkening the sky a bit would make it more dramatic.

Dani.

I thought the bright sky made it look like the guy on the cliff may have been contemplating "the afterlife".

Thanks guys, I may well have a go at working on the second one a little.

I appreciate the feedback. Does anyone have advice for shooting facing sunlight, apart from 'dont'?!

Thanks guys, I may well have a go at working on the second one a little.

I appreciate the feedback. Does anyone have advice for shooting facing sunlight, apart from 'dont'?!

wear sunglasses, not only do they protect they also make you look sexy and cool

as for the photos, I really like the 1st shot just a shame there wasn't 3 more Gulls :lol:

and the 2nd shot is great, like the way the light plays on the sea

Very sombre, moody pics Becky! I like 'em, especially #2 with the light coming down from the clouds and shining on the water. The patterns in the clouds and in the surface waters are interesting, and the slice of land at an angle along the foreground, with the person looking out and down, all combine to make a lovely shot.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I had a perfect shot with a bird on each stump just begging to be taken not long after I took that one, when one of my friends wandered over and all the birds flew away grrrr... I was stubborn that I would wait till they came back once my friends decided that was boring and walked off I soon followed... well it was cold!!!

Hey, Eastbourne ... I once was there, too, in 1990, if I remember right, and we also went to Beachy Head back then ... and later I read that a storm had broken off part of that coast and the lighthouse had gone under with the broken off piece of rock, so I am surprised to find a lighthouse in your photo! They must have built a new one just because Beachy Head only "works" with that lighthouse (even back then our friends told us about the fact that Beachy Head was a welcome place for jumping down the cliffs to end your life...).

I think, exposure on the sky and the "hole in the sky" is good in Photo 2! I like that one best of all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back