Eastern Blue Birds

Olcoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicendeavors.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to share a few shot from my back yard today. Janice and I have worked for the past several years to attract the Eastern Bluebirds and this year we are honored to have a pair nesting in one of our boxes.:smileys:

p533538737-4.jpg

p380903296-5.jpg

p329121741-5.jpg

p235292277-4.jpg

p75409472-4.jpg

p196328209-4.jpg

p90473406-5.jpg

Congrats. Those are among my favorite birds to photograph, and you will have fun with them being around.

#1 would be my favorite.
#2 has good colors, but is a little soft.

The remainder have great poses, crisp focus, and you have caught the catchlight in the eyes wonderfully, but they seem just a hair too over-saturated.

NICE! Did you do any PP to get that crisp look or was it all your lens?

Phranquey,

Thanks for the comments and I do agree with you after looking at the post this morning , I did over saturated the colors, I wish I had notice it before I posted , but I was PP late and tired eyes make it easy to make over adjustments.

Congrats. Those are among my favorite birds to photograph, and you will have fun with them being around.

#1 would be my favorite.
#2 has good colors, but is a little soft.

The remainder have great poses, crisp focus, and you have caught the catchlight in the eyes wonderfully, but they seem just a hair too over-saturated.

lvcrtrs,

These were all shot with my Sigma 300-800mm lens and the shots are very sharp right out of the camera, I did do some PP but only a small tweak of sharpening after resizing the shots for posting as the resizing process seems to always soften the shots a little.

NICE! Did you do any PP to get that crisp look or was it all your lens?

The blurring of the background is accomplished by the telephoto lens isolating the subject and the background being OOF (out of focus) This OOF effect is also called bokeh and was not done in PP post processing.

beautiful shot!!

the blurring in BG is from editing?

Although some are little bit soft they all look great. Im sure they look much sharper on larger scale as you stated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back