Eastern Macdonnell Ranges of Central Australia (1)

Ozzie_Traveller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day all

These ranges, formed millions of years ago, run east-west across the centre of Australia with Alice Springs township in the middle. Millions of years of sedimentary rock formation has been uplifted into photographically wonderful shapes

1)- the upthrust seen here is about 250metres (measured vertically) from bottom to top

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/500s x F6,3; ISO-125; lens at 3x zoom / 60mm FFequiv

2)- the rock canyons formed along the way extend for many kilometres

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/160s x F6,3; ISO-125; lens at 4x zoom / 105mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
Phil

Makes me want to go to Down Under... Except for all those poisonous critters ;)

Makes me want to go to Down Under... Except for all those poisonous critters ;)
Good one mate!

There are more poisonous critters walking around any US city that in all of Australia
Come Downunder any discover another world !

Phil

I have been lucky enough to have visited Australia twice, my favorite place was northern Queensland.

I have been lucky enough to have visited Australia twice, my favorite place was northern Queensland.
Good on yer mate :)
I am in NQ now for a month or two as part of my annual 6-8 months in motorhoming around Oz. My Flickr site will show you some of this yrs pics

Phil

I don't want to sound like a winging pom but the trouble with Oz is it's too big...
Ha Ha ..... and you're quire correct
A very large landscape where we all get along with each other (generally speaking) and we all use the same currency when spending!

Seriously tho - it is a great place to live, great to travel safely, great to photograph this wonderful planet we share together, and we like to share it with visitors too
Phil

Been to Melbourne several times for work, customers hq is there.

I always take a few extra days to “go walk about”. Love the coast road and the Yara Ranges.

Wish I could to other parts once in awhile. Lots of beauty down under.

Thanks fellas

You'll see plenty more as I post more stuff here too
Phil

Nice landscape feature shots.

Wonderful shots! My dream is to get a motor home and do the same thing across the US. Just have to get the wife to agree to it... I would give up my aquarium and sell my house and everything in it if she said yes...

Most reactions

Back