Eastern Neck Birding

jaree2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spent some time birding in Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge on the eastern shore of Maryland a few weeks ago - very cold and overcast, but the birds were out. Managed to get a few photos - the lighting was tricky to manage as it was a pretty overcast morning. Still using a Canon Rebel XSi and EFS 55-250mm. Lots of waterfowl, but not enough lens to get any pictures worth sharing.

Any and all tips are more than welcome. Thanks for looking!

Watchful Eye

You have a great selection of beautiful birds to shoot there :mrgreen:

Beautiful Bluebird, Everytime I go to take a shot of one I end up with a great shot of an empty branch lol

Very nice to see the variety and that last one is a little beauty. Love the colours of that one and the pose.

All the best.

Danny.

The Bluebird is beautiful and I really like the shot.

I find shooting at the overcast sky to be really difficult to get decent shots but you've managed to get some nice detail in those ones.

love the bluebird!

Thanks all for the kind words. If only all birds were as willing of subjects as this bluebird turned out to be.

I have a trailer at the head of the bay, about 30 miles from Eastern Neck Island. Very nice park

I have a trailer at the head of the bay, about 30 miles from Eastern Neck Island. Very nice park

I try to spend as much time down there as possible - always amazed by the incredible amount of life it supports. And when you consider that the Bay "health score" is around 32%, it floors me to imagine what it once was.

Last edited:
As kids, our parents would often take us there for day picnics. There is / was a beach in the park where you can walk out in the water a couple hundred yards and the water only went up to chest height and was always aquarium clear. Unknown why that section remained so clear. We would use our snorkel gear a watch a lot of eels, crabs and fish. I've haven't been to that beach in many years. I often wonder if it's as clear was it was in the 60's and 70's.

Most reactions

Back