Ebay Flash Trigger

junray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just purchased a 4 channel ebay flash trigger from someone in hong kong through ebay. Purchased this trigger to play around with while I save for a Pocket Wizard. Anyway, I don't know if it just me but I can't get this damn thing to work. Change the battery, made sure the battery contact point was good and the channel correct. How hard could it be to make this thing work? I'm thinking it's probably the receiver since the led doesn't light up when I turn it on. Is it suppose to light up when you turn on the receiver?

Does anyone use this trigger that had problem?

TIA,
JR

I'll take a couple stabs at this...

when I got mine, I had the same problem.. ticked as you are.

My problem was the battery had a plastic coating around it...so thin I didn't even see it was there. Did you take that off? (sounds obvious, but isn't really).

Then, make sure your frequencies are set right, and your units on. The test button on the transmitter should make the test light on the receiver blink.

:lol:

Yup, check to make sure the film around the battery has been taken off....the exact same thing happened to me. :er:

Me too! LOL Then I had to bend in one of the contacts just a little so that it made better contact. They've worked great since then though.

(be sure to turn the receivers off when not in use. ;))

Thanks guys for the reply and suggestions. As stated above I've changed both battery in the receiver and transmitter. I've tried several channel configuration and made sure the contact point were good.

As stated by Keith "the test button on the transmitter should make the test light on the receiver blink". I have never seen this led light up once even when I press the test button. I've got a feeling that I might have a bad receiver.

Good news is that the seller replied to my email. Hopefully I can get this replace.

I'll recheck the trigger again tonight when I get home from work. Even though I have hundred of times already.:)

JR

Most reactions

New Topics

Back