Ebay triggers with Canon 430EZ?

LeSueur24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I just picked up a Canon 430EZ used plus I bought another Ebay receiver with it. I already own one for my 430EX and it works great, but so far I've only gotten the 430EZ to fire once with it :grumpy:. Has anybody noticed this before or know anything I could possibly be doing wrong? I know the problem isn't with the receiver because I tried the new receiver with my 430EX and it worked.

EDIT: Figured the problem out, I have to put it on "M Multi 1HZ" instead of normal M. I guess my question now is what is the "M Multi 1HZ" setting?

but so far I've only gotten the 430EZ to fire once with it
Does it work again if you turn the flash off and on again?

This is a commonly reported problem with Canon flash units and those cheap radio triggers. I'm surprised that you haven't had more problems with your 430EX actually.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I have heard that some people have improved the performance by adding a longer antenna to the sending unit...but since I don't know the exact problem, it's hard to say if that will actually work.
http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/10/detailed-cactus-v2s-mod-page.html

Hey, I just picked up a Canon 430EZ used plus I bought another Ebay receiver with it. I already own one for my 430EX and it works great, but so far I've only gotten the 430EZ to fire once with it :grumpy:. Has anybody noticed this before or know anything I could possibly be doing wrong? I know the problem isn't with the receiver because I tried the new receiver with my 430EX and it worked.

EDIT: Figured the problem out, I have to put it on "M Multi 1HZ" instead of normal M. I guess my question now is what is the "M Multi 1HZ" setting?

The Multi setting is for strobographic photography. The 1hz means 1 pop per second. If you set it to 7hz and a 1 second shutter speed then the flash will pop 7 times . This wont work with ebay triggers it needs the ttl to talk to the flash. You can fake it with a multimax by setting contact time on the receive one to same as shutter speed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back