Ecke - Rip it to Shreds!

voidet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Would love to get some advice on this pic i took near the Brisbane Story Bridge.

view3_ecaabe_dsc_0064.jpg

Large Version:
Here

I'm trying to get more colour out of my D50 :( any advice? It seems like all my midtones are just filled with too much grey!

Anyhow any C&C welcome!
VoiDeT

Are you using any filters?
Have you messed with the settings on the camera for the saturation/contrast?

It does look abit bland.

No filters at present, I agree, the colours are washed out to the max :(
I have been experimenting today with the colour settings on the camera and the exposure techniques like custom white balance, but im finding it hard to get extremely vivid colours :( Any pointers or resources for me?

perhaps if you can reshoot it, you can get the camera to take readings from the shaded building instead of the illuminated bridge? the bridge may get blown out, but if you have 2 identical shots, one with light metering done on the bridge and one at the building, perhaps you can combine them for a nicer photo?

Just wondering about how to go about metering? if i do two identical shots, but meter, wont i disturb the camera angle? making it hard to align both seperate shots at post production?

Or whats the process for this?

Thanks for the comments!

Meter each area before you put the camera on the tripod (with either spot or center-weight metering, if you can), and write down the settings (or just remember them). Then once you have the shot set up, all you have to do is change shutter/aperture. If you do this carefully it shouldn't mess up your angle.

Hope you don't mind, but I did a little touch up in PS. Is this kind of what you were wanting?

ecaabedsc0064wv5.jpg

Wow you did an amazing job with that photo. The PS work that you did really brought out the colors and just the whole idea of the photo. Nice....

Check your D50's menu... there should be a vivid color setting. I found my D50 bland too straight out of the box but that Vivid setting really adds some punch. I don't have my cam on me right now or I'd be more specific with where to find the setting but if you have trouble PM me and I'll check at home.

As for the pic... I like it but I think all of the lines make it a VERY busy shot.

Wow!
Your PS work really brought the power out from the pic. I love it thank you. And yes i do agree its a hell busy shot. Will be looking into the vivid preset on the camera :)

Thanks guys!

wow, awesome job with PS, that's what i would have imagined the proper exposure to have looked like :)

Couldn't see the original.. but from the toned one it seems to me as if yhour subject was in shadow and your white balance/ISO/etc was reading for the well lit areas in the background. This is a prob with going full auto on the digis.

I like the picture, but I can't see the original and your photo blog flipped out on me and would not work for some reason.

I would like to see all those beams on the bridge up close from some intereting angles. Is this a place you can shoot often?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back