Ed Brown 1911

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
761581609_dpzQt-XL.jpg

Shot with two Alien Bee 800's w/softboxes.

Man... I really need to add a 1911... I have an XD-45 5"bbl and my wife has an M&P .45.

Nice composition, great exposure, and the lighting gives great highlights and dimensionality to the piece.

Man... I really need to add a 1911... I have an XD-45 5"bbl and my wife has an M&P .45.

Nice composition, great exposure, and the lighting gives great highlights and dimensionality to the piece.
I am getting ready to setup my XDM 9mm, I hope to have time today to squeeze it in. I have a "honey-do" list that's pretty long and I have to take the little lady to dinner and a movie tonight... oh, the life of a married man. :) No time for photography!

The M&P has eluded me, but I plan on remedying that one of these days soon. It's great your wife enjoys shooting too. My wife is somewhat apathetic to it all.

But yes, all red-blooded Americans should have a 1911 somewhere in the house. :)

I own the M&P .40 and love the heck out of it BTW, no safety and all.........:thumbup:

I am getting ready to setup my XDM 9mm, I hope to have time today to squeeze it in. I have a "honey-do" list that's pretty long and I have to take the little lady to dinner and a movie tonight... oh, the life of a married man. :) No time for photography!

The M&P has eluded me, but I plan on remedying that one of these days soon. It's great your wife enjoys shooting too. My wife is somewhat apathetic to it all.

But yes, all red-blooded Americans should have a 1911 somewhere in the house. :)

I agree! A 1911 is a must! My wife likes shooting, but is cheap. She's been talking about trading in her M&P for a .22. I'd rather just add a .22 to the collection. I do have to say, though, that the cost of .45ACP is getting ridiculous.

I own the M&P .40 and love the heck out of it BTW, no safety and all.........:thumbup:

Well, it does have the trigger safety... I really like the M&P, the XD .45 just fits my hand better. My wife tried the .40, but like the .45 better because the recoil was more of a "push" and the .40 was more of a "snap".

Now, how to convince her that a 1911, a .22, AND more camera gear are all doable without trading in anything we already have...

Buy a 1911 of any make, then buy a Ceiner .22 conversion kit. Kimber makes a .22 conversion kit too. Then you have the best of both worlds!

I'm immune to the cost of .45 ammo as I reload and I have lots of components stored. I can reload for about $6 per box of 50 right now.

I'm a huge 1911 guy. I got two ed brown safe queens but none of the bobbed guns...yet. Right now i'm stuck on the old Springfield V-10', just finished a nice build thats going to be my new CCW piece.

Sorry to drag on, came here from a link on a gun forum.

I'm a huge 1911 guy. I got two ed brown safe queens but none of the bobbed guns...yet. Right now i'm stuck on the old Springfield V-10', just finished a nice build thats going to be my new CCW piece.

Sorry to drag on, came here from a link on a gun forum.
What forum? I would like to swing by and check it out.

Ok, I had time to set this simple shot up. I wanted to do something different than the others I've shot recently.

Thoughts?

761715911_VTWYb-XL.jpg

Nice stainless XDm Tac!

Did you want the DoF to drop off for the rear third of photo?

nice... i'm a 1911 fan myself, though Ed Brown's guns are way above my pay grade (especially now that i've been unemployed for over a year!). but i've got some of his bits and bobs in my custom compact. i really do need to get out and bust some caps again soon... been far too long!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back