Edited Photos

photobymike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pics that I took and edited. Please let me know what you think.

28.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

i really really like the flower pic

I don't like the editing very much but you could just make 3 completely black and white and it would probably be better.

its not that theres anything wrong with it, just some people dont like selective coloring a lot

In the first one, the child has almost no facial characteristics due to the amount of blur/smudge/etc. Second one is a little overdone (and has a distracting background with the cups. Her face and the rose should also have some type of relation with the rose) And not many people are a fan of selective coloring like in the third one.

Mark

First, I want to mention that when you post multiple pics it's a good idea to number them so that we can respond easily.

1. This could be an ok shot. I do like the flare coming in over his head, but... It has a couple of problems 1. is the background is kind of distracting and not in a good way, and the other is that his face has no texture to it. It looks like you took it to lightroom and took the clarity to -100 and then maybe even did an adjustment brush as well to -100.

2. Interesting, but I have a difficult time with the flower right in front of the girls face. If the flower is the subject I would suggest moving the girl. same if the girl is the focus. Having both in the frame is confusing (not a good thing).

3. this is ok, I'm not a fan of selective coloring, partially because I want the subject of the picture to be the kid, not the basketball. Also, the b&w conversion left everything pretty flat.

I see what you mean on the first and second one about the background being distracting. In the first one I had to take it quick cause the kid was moving and it's difficult to get a kid to smile somtimes. On the second one I wanted them both to be like the way they are. I wanted to flower in focus and the girl blurry. I just put a little to much lightroom effect and moved her a little more so more of her face would show. On the 3rd picture I shot it the way I saw it in my head. I guess I'm somewhat of a fan of selective coloring cause that's what I wanted to do when I took the shot. Thanks though, I know more of what to look for when I'm shooting.

I am not a fan of the PP soft look form decreasing the sharpness.

Too much detail removed from the first picture. It could be a wax figurine.

I'm undecided on selective coloring, so I'll say otherwise, I like #3. There's a kinda rule of thirds thing happening, but I don't think that makes or breaks the shot. It's just a nice picture of a kid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back