Editing Help...

LiveStrong2009

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, I took six pictures, made two HDRs....and then combined the 2 pics into a panorama. In the process, I realized that the sky in the picture from the right and the sky in the picture on the left are not the same.

First of all, what would you suggest I do to make the sky one color?

Secondly, any comments or suggestions for the pic would be appreciated.

4542014483_ee8689dc88_b.jpg

well if you want to salvage this, use the close tool in photoshop or GIMP and fade the sky to get an easy transition

I don't know if the picture is getting much effect from the hdr, it still looks underexposed

I don't know if the picture is getting much effect from the hdr, it still looks underexposed

I was gonna say something about that, and closed the thread. I agree though.

The purpose of merging shots into hdr is to avoid over and underexposed areas that a single exposure can't cover. I see a lot of really dark shadowy areas - should have maybe taken some brighter shots?

I don't want to dump on your photo, and I know your original question was 'how do I fix the sky' but since someone else already brought it up..

About the sky though, there are many methods you could use. You could try 'replace color' or use the clone stamp like the last post suggested. I'd personally try and blend it with Nik Software's viveza. It works by (example) selecting a control point in the green sky, and only working on that green tone. I could then adjust the saturation and turn the green color slider down a bit, maybe push the blue one up and mess with brightness til it matched. Just some ideas.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have been working with the clone stamp for about 15 mins....

Getting in all the nooks and crannies sure does take a while, but hopefully it will be worth it.

I did some editing on the pic after making the hdr, maybe I will goof around with it some more to reduce the shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back