editing programs

tedgtfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the best editing program for beginners. I just downloaded a trial version of photoimpact 12. I see some of you use photoshop. Perhaps I dont know enough for a program yet, as I read the threads I don't see what the refinements are even after they are pointed out. So maybe my ? should be what book to read to get a basic understanding of photo's and editing. Thanks for your patience

Well as you know Photoshop is the best program to use. I personally still struggle using it but if you have time to play then it is worth it. Plus you can try it out for free for 30 days through Adobe website.

Then there is the program I was using before PS is Microsoft Digital Editing. Its a very good program for beginners and up to advanced users. It does lack what PS has but it is still good. I paid $80 for it at CompUSA but it was worth it.

I am trying to use PS now because it is the best program out there.

Good Luck.

It's free, and kid of a poor man's Photoshop. It's a good starter to get used to layers, etc.

You may want to try the GIMP, its the free mans photoshop!

Its an open source application, which means that it is written by a large group of people, for the benefit of others, it doesn't have any protected code ad people are welcome to use it and distribute it as they like.

Its also _very_ good. It has maybe 95% of the functionality of photoshop, its fun to use and so far I have been able to follow every photoshop tutorial on image editing using Gimp instead of photoshop.
Gimp stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program

www.gimp.org - take a minute to check out the screenshots etc.

Cheers
-Rob

For basic editing photoshop is a waste. Even as a professional photographer you will bearly scrape the surface of it's potential.

Photoshop Elements or Photoshop Lightroom is a better place to start. But if you want to enter the realm of digitial art instead of just photo editing, these programs will quickly reach their limits. As said above GIMP is an alternative, and about $1000AU less than Photoshop. You could be a few lenses instead lol.

I downloaded a free trial of Paint Shop Pro. It seems to do everything that I need to. I am just a beginner, but I like it. The cost is also significantly less than Photoshop. Good luck!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back