editing question

royalWITHcheese2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottchamberland.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't done too much editing in the time that i've been into photography, but I do know that when I do edit, I shouldn't leave the file type as a JPEG. My question is should I edit the JPEG and save the changes as a TIFF, or should I import the pictures, re-save as a TIFF, and then start editing?

there's no point in converting from jpeg to tiff. If the pictures are already jpeg..do the editing in jpeg. If you shoot in RAW...then you can edit in RAW or TIFF...but otherwise theres' no point.

Only advantage to saving it as anything but a jpg is if you save it as a psd. And then only if you have added layers or done something that you can come back to tweak if needed. Other than that best option shoot RAW edit save as a copy to jpg.

there's no point in converting from jpeg to tiff. If the pictures are already jpeg..do the editing in jpeg. If you shoot in RAW...then you can edit in RAW or TIFF...but otherwise theres' no point.

Sideburns I think you should convert to TIFF when editing or more usually a PSD (photoshop file). JPEG is a lossy format meaning that every time you make a save you will lose some more data from the image.

I would suggest you use jpeg only as a "release" format.

Most reactions

Back