Editing suggestions

Epiphany

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess I don't really know where to start with editing photos. So here are a few practice photos I took with my new D7000! I am open to editing suggestions.

DSC_0233 by meganpesz, on Flickr

DSC_0180 by meganpesz, on Flickr

I think that the second one stands pretty good as it is. Maybe bump up the exposure a little.

It would help if you would allow edits of your photos. You would get more response and help.

I like the second shot more than the first since you are on the dog's level. I'd be tempted to go with a tighter crop to get rid of the dead leaves on the lawn; possibly a square crop.

I haven't been on here for a long time so I did just change my settings to allow editing. Thanks!

It looks like your focus was in front of the pooch as the grass in front is sharp but the dog is soft IMHO.

I think that the second one stands pretty good as it is. Maybe bump up the exposure a little.

It would help if you would allow edits of your photos. You would get more response and help.

He turn on photos are ok to edit. Exposure, contrast, lil sat could make it work very nice.

The real issue with both photos is the flat lighting. Neither photo has any 'pop'. Pep is also known as 'separation from the background' in a light ratio sense.

Pro photographers often use flash in direct sunlight, because when using flash the ambient light exposure can be controlled separately from the flash exposure with a single shutter release.
Another pro procedure is to avoid direct sunlight by putting a diffusion panel between the subject and the Sun, or by putting the subject in the shade near the edge open shade. Again flash is often used for fill and accent lighting.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-forum/267492-info-those-new-photography.html

Last edited:

Crop (rule of thirds), capture sharpen (ACR), select the dog and foreground, add exposure to the selection (.5 EV to both, another .5EV to just the dogs face, boost mid tone contrast of just the dog, select the background, add a graduated neutral density gradient layer, use the Sharpen tool (60%) on the dogs face, add a thin black border.

9178007217_85f1371d56_c.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back