Editing thread titles

I think it is something in vB, all the vB forums I am on are that way, but I do agree with you.

You can edit a title and have it show if you notice and correct it shortly after posting it, I think it's like a minuet or so, after that it is in mod territory.

You can change the text that appears above your post (in bold), but I haven't found a way to change the actual title (as seen from 'new posts', or any of the sub-forums).

You can change the text that appears above your post (in bold), but I haven't found a way to change the actual title (as seen from 'new posts', or any of the sub-forums).

I had just explained it, it has to be done imeadiately in order to alter what appears as seen from 'new posts', and sub-forums.

I think it is something in vB, all the vB forums I am on are that way, but I do agree with you.

It's an option for the admins to have it function this way. A VB board can easily be set up to let anyone change their own thread title at any time, however.

It's an option for the admins to have it function this way. A VB board can easily be set up to let anyone change their own thread title at any time, however.

I've never been a mod or admin on a vB Forum, the phpBB forums I have mod and admin privledges on are like that by default, I never honestly saw any reason for such an option (user can/can not alter titles selected), so I never really thought of it. It leaves me with the same question that Ejazzle posed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back