Editing

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night I recorded myself playing organ with my new Canon 6D. I set (probably foolishly) the quality to the highest possible. This meant that in the middle of my recording the file exceeded its 4gb limit and split the file into two separate files. I don't know if this is how other Canon cameras do it, but maybe someone can answer a couple questions...

First, what is a good editing software for DSLR video files?

Second, is it possible to combine the two files without losing any information, or was some information lost when the file was split? I tried using quicktime pro to combine the two videos, but there is a very slight skip. I'm afraid some of the data was lost...

Finally, the audio is fairly low compared to other videos. I was monitoring the audio levels in camera, and I thought I set an appropriate level to prevent clipping, but it almost seems like I overdid it...How can I boost the audio in the video?

Thanks!

Great!!! I'll give that a try when I get home. I emailed Canon about it and they didn't even suggest that! Seems like the obvious thing to do, but sometimes that's the last thing we think of :)

Most reactions

Back