Edits/Critique

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I took this picture awhile back, but I'm submitting it for a school photo competition thing. I was wondering if you guys would provide some feedback / edits to help me.

Thanks!

Icy_Branch.jpg

anything? please?

It's actually a branch covered in ice! :D

Cool shot, nice mood. Looks like something from the movie The Abyss.

Is there a "theme" to this 'competition thing'? Why did you pick THIS photo to enter?--This is not a reflection of what I think of the photo, I'm just wondering what draws you to it as an entry for the competition.

What kind of feedback/edits are you looking for? Do you just want us to tell you whether you should enter it in the competition, with no other photos to choose between and no idea what the competition is about?
Or are you just looking for a general C&C on this photo, which you happen to plan to enter into a competition?

If you're looking for general C&C, I'd tell you that it doesn't really strike me as a competition-quality photo (BUT, again, I don't know the purpose of the competition). It's underexposed, and the only thing that is in focus and identifiable is the big glob of ice on top of what looks to be some sort of plant.
It looks like it was a really interesting ice formation, but since so much of it is out of focus, I can't really tell that much about it.

I hope that doesn't come across as harsh, I don't mean it that way...and it's just my opinion anyway, which is worth exactly what you've paid for it. ;)

Most reactions

Back