Educate me on sound triggers!!!

You may be able to find one on ebay. Not sure. But I did once find the pinout for the 10pin camera control connector on the front of my D200. As an electrical engineer my mind boggled at the limitless possibilities :D

It's funny, after seening your exploding balloon pics, I thought about how to reproduce them, but with the BB gun idea instead of the knife. I too am an electical engineer and I thought about rigging up a piezo sensor to the BB gun and using a simple circuit to amplify/buffer the signal and using that to trigger the shutter. LOL, that doesn't answer your question though.

It's funny, after seening your exploding balloon pics, I thought about how to reproduce them, but with the BB gun idea instead of the knife. I too am an electical engineer and I thought about rigging up a piezo sensor to the BB gun and using a simple circuit to amplify/buffer the signal and using that to trigger the shutter. LOL, that doesn't answer your question though.

No it doesn't, but I think I have figured out a way to make it work.

Once I get all the details worked out, ill be sure to post my finding...

You can make a light trigger with one of those motion sensor security lights, wire it to a sync lead and plug in to your strobe, (metz ct 60 is a good choice as flash duration is short), hang your balloon in front of the sensor at a reasonable distance and shoot out the balloon with an air gun or similar, trial n error, there's bound to be a sound sensor on the market that can be used a similar way. There's good shots to be had using high speed techniques

Most reactions

New Topics

Back