Eeeeeeagles!

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was up in St. Germain, WI a couple weeks ago, and finally had the opportunity to sit down and edit some photos. The Bald Eagles were EVERYWHERE on the lake where we stayed. I counted a dozen at a time. At one point, they were fishing less that 10 feet from an occupied raft. It's pretty neat because they have no fear of people up there. One swooped within 15 feet of the deck I was sitting on. Pretty amazing experience to see them so close in the wild, just doing their thing at such close range.. It was also super neat to see because there were clearly several families with the adults first showing the juveniles where to fish, then watching the juveniles follow suit just a few hours later. All were shot with my 70-300, and were probably near 100% crops, so the IQ has suffered a bit.

2. Hard to see, but this adult is carrying a fish it just caught.

4. Probably my favorite

5. This beauty was perched only 20 feet away, eating the fish. So close, in fact, that there were fish guts from it's dinner in our boat that was parked right below it...

And just to give you an idea of how close to us they were fishing.. It's a crappy photo, but gives great perspective.

Wowzers!! Nice shots!

Awesome! Bet you had a blast!

Nice shots. I'd give my eye teeth to get photos of eagles.

Excellent set! I also like #4.

Wowzers!! Nice shots!

Thanks mishele!

Nice set!

Much appreciated, thanks!

Awesome! Bet you had a blast!

I did! It's funny, because I was up there as much to enjoy the vacation on the beach as anything else, so I didn't always have my camera with me. It didn't take long for everyone to start catching on, though, that I really wanted to get some photos of them in flight, so before long, people started yelling for me to grab my camera every time they came near..

Nice shots. I'd give my eye teeth to get photos of eagles.

Thanks! I definitely lucked out!

Excellent set! I also like #4.

Thanks baturn!

Great job! Very cool..

Coming from you, HUGE compliment! Thanks!

Most reactions

Back