EF Lens on Nex Body

Deo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So after a month using nex-7, I'm impressed on its performance specially on a small body. However, I'am disappointed on the quality of the lenses. I've used the kit lens, 16mm. Then I try to find a converter for EF lens, because I don't want to spend some more money buying the 'better' lenses for nex mount.

So the question is, do anyone know, is there a lens converter from EF lens to Nex Body with electrical connection.

Thanks in Advance.

Don't bet on Sony making an adapter for Canon lenses. A 3rd party naker will have to decide it's worth doing, and there are some serious technical issues that would have to be overcome. In particular the spacing from the back of an EF lens to the image sensor of the NEX-5. If an adapter gets made, plan on having no auto focus, no metering, no IS.

Actually Novoflex made adaptors with electrical connections. However it only produce adaptors with Canon fd | Contax/yashica | leica m | leica r | m42 | minolta af / sony | minolta md | nikon | olympus om | pentax K |t2 lens types.

I did a Google search on Canon EF to NEX lens adapter,and the results had several different adapters. Recently there has been a new TPF sponsor advertising a lot of adapters. Fotodiox, the USA web-based retailer of adapters has a $19 and $49 "pro" adapter for sale.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back