Efke roll film

selmerdave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got a couple of rolls of Efke 25 120 film back the other day, and while the photos turned out great they show signs of light leaks at the sides of the film. Considering I had the seals replaced on my Yashica not long ago and have had no issues of leaks with any other film, I think these leaks must have come from the spools. What do I need to do, wrap them in tinfoil when I take them out? Anyone else use it and can verify whether they had the same problem?

Dave

Did you have them rolled tight? Are there any leak patterns? I used Efke a lot never noticed leaks to be common.

I'll see if I can get an example to come out in a scan. They were rolled as tight as any other roll film, and at the time had no reason to think there would be any problem but when both came back (and actually each was processed a few days apart) with the problem while the roll of EPP in between came back fine, I figured it must be the spool. Good to hear you haven't had the same problem, I have a couple more rolls so perhaps I can avoid it happening with them and continue to use it, as I said I like the (photographic) results.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back