RianFlynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey friends,

I lived in egypt for a little over a year working for an archaeological team as a vid]eographer. i just found this in my archives and figured it would be worth showin. what do you guys think?

13.jpg

What a cool portrait! The texture of his skin, and the light on his hair, are very nice.

I suppose the background is a bit blown out, but overall I wouldn't worry about that.

Very good portrait. Well chose background.

Yes! It is worth showing! It is GOOD.
What was lying in front of him that helped you get light reflected back towards his face? I can see something white in the lower part of his eyes (which thus shine and are not "black holes" which is a plus) ... was there a sheet lying there or so?
The background, blown as it may be, doesn't matter ... and what remains looks "very Egyptian" ;) ... so all is good.

My only comment would be that the face is a little too dark and the background a little too washed out. But its a great shot and great skin texture, keep up the good work.

This is brilliant. Even the background. It's washed out yet distinctively pyramids. Almost a mixture of abstract and a harsh reality combined with the brightness of Egypt. Fantastic.

Yes! It is worth showing! It is GOOD.
What was lying in front of him that helped you get light reflected back towards his face? I can see something white in the lower part of his eyes (which thus shine and are not "black holes" which is a plus) ... was there a sheet lying there or so?

You know, its been years so i can't really remember! but I think its just the sand! this shot is candid and I was standing about 200 ft back!

all the best
rian

This is brilliant. Even the background. It's washed out yet distinctively pyramids. Almost a mixture of abstract and a harsh reality combined with the brightness of Egypt. Fantastic.

+1:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back