Eiffel Tower - 19 yr. old photographer

Canon88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From Dallas, Texas.
19 yr old photographer with a half-decent Canon Rebel Xt.

Critiques, welcome.

2073567142_3146c7ab84_b.jpg

I also have a few more shots at www.flickr.com/stephenmasker

Thank you all.

First of all the Canon XT is a camera capable of great pictures. It is more than half decent.

As for the photo, the Eiffel tower has been photographed so many times, it is hard to find a novel composition but I like it anyway. I think you did well by putting the tower right in the middle and the symmetry of the picture works well. However, I don't like the green colour cast (or is it just my non-calibrated screen?) and I am not too keen on the vignetting in the sky.

I don't like the green colour cast (or is it just my non-calibrated screen?) and I am not too keen on the vignetting in the sky.

It's not your screen - I added the green in during post-processing because frankly, you're right, it has been photographed many times. I just wanted to mess around with individual post components, but not composition. As for the vignetting, that's my fault too - also done in post.

Thank you though, for the critique. I appreciate it. =)

needs color correction, nice framing though

It’s a little cliché, but it’s hard to take a photo of the tower that is not.
Nice work.

I like the color of it and the vignetting, I think they both help spice a popular subject.

I like it. Does have the postcard look to it. Landmarks are photographed many times, and it can be hard to get a unique angle on them, that has not been taken before, so for me the sky adds some umph to it.
Nicely done. Welcome to the forum btw.

I have seen a considerable number of shots of the Eiffel Tower and this is certainly one of the better ones. Your shot has isolated the tower from some extremely busy and distracting backgrounds that are often present in such shots and you have emphasized the height and shape.

Good work.

skieur

I like it, the color seems to be off a bit but other than that I really like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back