Eiffel Tower

Yes, Diva. For as long as France holds the European Presidency, the stars are there and the tower is blue at night (and I didn't KNOW this but learnt it from Garbz, our Australian (!) member, who visited Paris only the other day and posted a night photo of Eiffel Tower, all "clad in blue", with those European stars.)

Hmm. Ok. I was in Paris 2 years ago and don't remember the EU stars. !!

Back to the original photo, if you are trying to get good colour in cool, grey, weather conditions, consider a warming polarizing filter. They work very well for that purpose.

skieur

Hmm. Ok. I was in Paris 2 years ago and don't remember the EU stars. !!

They only hold it for these current 6 months (don't quite remember when exactly the French presidency started), and after that it will go to ... don't know that, either...

There are "warming polarisers", Skieur? Oh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. For I might need to get something like that in order to feel like taking the camera out again ... our weather's been like this for weeks now.

There are "warming polarisers", Skieur? Oh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. For I might need to get something like that in order to feel like taking the camera out again ... our weather's been like this for weeks now.

Tiffen has warming filters, several makers have enhancement filters and Singh Ray and probably a few others have warming polarizers. Singh Ray also has an interesting gold/blue polarizer.

skieur

But another question to you, Vautrin: you permanently live in The Netherlands? Then you can return to Paris in nicer weather, can't you? Or to Köln, to get another pano of the "Dom", with a nicer sky?

Yup, although I'm in the states for a couple months to get my visa straightened out. Once HR straightens out things with my visa I get shipped back for another year. I'm planning to hit up paris and köln again, as well as some more scenic european cities. Any suggestions on places to visit?

Argh. This weather! :irked:
THAT's what I'm talking about when I moan about our weather these days - it is just THIS we get day in day out. No colours, no light, no vibrancy in anything we see, and when it's that you have to put up with while you're travelling Europe ... oh, poor you! When will you come back next? Make it early May. Should be much nicer then!

3,000 miles away the weather isn't much better, just look at that fog today (that's a mountain hiding behind the fog!):

small.jpg

Hoi Vaturin.

Je foto ziet er een beetje donker uit en volgens mij lijkt de toren scheef (richting links). Het is vrij moeilijk in zo'n weer te fotograferen.

Waren die sterren toegevoegd?

Dag Diva! Danjewel voor jouw opmerkingen om mijn foto. Jammer met deze weer de foto donker zijn moeten.

Waar wonen jij im Nederland? Weet jij om TPF Nederlands meetups?

Dag Diva! Danjewel voor jouw opmerkingen om mijn foto. Jammer met deze weer de foto donker zijn moeten.

Waar wonen jij im Nederland? Weet jij om TPF Nederlands meetups?

Hoi Vautrin. Geen dank! Nou, ik vond je foto een mooie poging zelfs als het een beetje donker is.

Ik woon in Noord Brabant in de buurt van Eindhoven. Ik heb nu 2 jaar in NL gewoond en ik vind de Nederlandse taal onzettend moeilijk om te leren! Waar in Limburg kom je vandaan?

Ik weet niks over de TPF NL meetups..maar het is een lange tijd geleden dat ik ben hier op TPF geweest. Waar kan ik meer over de meetups lezen?

Ja, misschien is dit berichtje geschikter voor een 'private message'. :er:

Groetjes!

"Private Message" sounds just right if you want to chat in Dutch, anything else feels a bit exclusive here ... I read it ok enough to get the idea of what you are saying, but that might not apply to each and every user of TPF...

"Private Message" sounds just right if you want to chat in Dutch, anything else feels a bit exclusive here ... I read it ok enough to get the idea of what you are saying, but that might not apply to each and every user of TPF...

Yes. Apologies about that but since the OP is Dutch, I thought it was ok to contribute in their native language and it's good practice for me. I don't mean to exclude anybody. :mrgreen: :hugs:

I can also read it enough to get an idea of what you are saying too.

skieur

I have found that in shooting in fog in the Maratimes, that selectively increasing contrast creates a better photo, but it does depend on the fog not being too thick.

As to skies, have you tried the software solutions? A graduated blue filter certainly helps an almost white sky. A Nik software sunlight filter can certainly change the lighting and improve the colour in some scenic shots.
The sky can also be replaced but it requires some careful blending of layers in Photoshop.

skieur

Most reactions

Back