EIGHT DAYS TIL I FINALLY SEE WRIGLEY FIELD!!!!

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! The last two years we haven't been able to get decent tickets, and FINALLY this year, we're not only going to see my Cubbies, but we're seeing them at their HOME FIELD!!!! (I saw my first Cubs game last year, at Miller Park, home of the Brewers, in Milwaukee). I'm getting more and more excited as the days go by. They'll be playing the Houston Astros. :D After that it's another three weeks til we go back up to Milwaukee for TWO games vs the Cubs (FANTASTIC SEATS...they'd better be at $125 a peice :shock: ) So...anyway...I've now got baseball on the brain...and it's been a while since we've had a good baseball discussion in here.

So...I'm up for hearing any baseball story you have. What's your favorite team? What's your favorite baseball memory? Did you play baseball or softball as a child? What position did you play? (I played softball for three years...I was Right Field/Second Basemen/Pitcher)....um..that's about it. :D

GO CUBBIES!

They quit letting me play cause, every time I had an at-bat, when I hit the ball I had a bad habit of slinging the bat into the infield..... I suppose they found that distracting. :mrgreen:

I thought you went to Wrigley Field last year?? :scratch: I guess I'm remembering it wrong. It's a great stadium; you'll love it!

terri said:
They quit letting me play cause, every time I had an at-bat, when I hit the ball I had a bad habit of slinging the bat into the infield..... I suppose they found that distracting. :mrgreen:

I thought you went to Wrigley Field last year?? :scratch: I guess I'm remembering it wrong. It's a great stadium; you'll love it!

Nope, saw the CUBS for the first time, but not at Wrigley. :)

I've got a baseball softball story I should tell!

Ok, so more than anything, I wanted to be a PITCHER!!!! I was an ok pitcher, but not the greatest (most of the time I played second base), so I didn't pitch often. Well, one year I hadn't pitched much at all (because we had two other pitchers that were SOOO much better than me, that nearly always pitched), and finally it was the last game of the season, and I really REALLY wanted a chance. 2nd to last inning, the coach put me in!!!! I was warming on the mound just before the inning started, and the coach called to me from the dugout to tell me something...JUST as the catcher threw the ball back to me. I turned my head to see what the coach wanted, and WHAM...the softball hit me square on the top of my noggin. :er: I can't remember if I ended up pitching, or they took me out! :lol:

ooooohhhhh, a head injury! Should I be the first to say that explains a lot? :lmao:

:turns to flee:

(don't hit me Corry!) :lol:

terri said:
ooooohhhhh, a head injury! Should I be the first to say that explains a lot? :lmao:

Nah...what would explain more is the scar I have in my eyebrow above my right eye...it's from when I was 3 or 4, jumping on my parents bed. I fell and hit my head on the nightstand so hard it was like a volcano gushing blood. :p Or the time my big brother was trying to get me over my fear of going down the tall fireman pole at the park, by telling me he'd catch me at the bottom...he caught me...and fell, I hit my head and got a concussion. Or the time my dad wrecked us on the way down a hill on a 3 wheeler...or....that's all I can remember for now.

i loved baseball, i played every year from about age 7 to 16. I started out as a pitcher/3rd base, but threw my arm out when i was about 12. I then switched to Center Field and 2nd base. My greatest memory was my triple play. I was playing 3rd base and the other team had runners at the corners. I was playing close to the bag and the batter hit a hard line drive right at me, i stepped on third and threw it to first before the runner could get back. I was a contact hitter, very few strikeouts (maybe 1 in 30 AB) but only 1 HR in 10 years!

I'm a home-team kind of guy so I follow the D'Backs. We had free $100 seats on Monday... even though they lost to the Phillies, it was a really good game, I got to watch Brandon Webb set a franchise record with 30 scoreless innings. (a lot of franchise history, i know... what 8 years now? :lol:)

I was playing 3rd base and the other team had runners at the corners. I was playing close to the bag and the batter hit a hard line drive right at me, i stepped on third and threw it to first before the runner could get back.
Heads-up ball playing! :thumbup: I bet that was a great moment for the whole team. :D

terri said:

I knew she wasn't right in the head, this just proves it!!!!:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

love you corry, lots and lots

kelox said:
I knew she wasn't right in the head, this just proves it!!!!:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

love you corry, lots and lots

I coulda told ya THAT.

When I was 9 I got hit in the head with a bat by a fellow little leaguer who was warming up and wasn't watching where he was swinging. I remember the boy's Mom calling our house asking how I was doing...I guess little Tommy casually mentioned at dinner that he hit some girl at practice :lol: It wasn't all bad, my Dad got me a chocolate ice cream bar from the general store (we lived in a very small town in VT at the time). I still rememer that part :D

Alison said:
When I was 9 I got hit in the head with a bat by a fellow little leaguer who was warming up and wasn't watching where he was swinging. I remember the boy's Mom calling our house asking how I was doing...I guess little Tommy casually mentioned at dinner that he hit some girl at practice :lol: It wasn't all bad, my Dad got me a chocolate ice cream bar from the general store (we lived in a very small town in VT at the time). I still rememer that part :D

Aaawww! I recently found out a child I know was in the Emergency Room because she had that EXACT thing happen to her...'cept she's 3, and the person that accidentally did it was her big sister.

Most reactions

Back