stayner6.jpg

3)
DSC_0520.jpg

4)
stayner1.jpg

5)
stayner2.jpg

On the B&W's i tryed a differnt contrast

First one looks awkward to me. Looks like the car is leaning to much, almost like it's going to flip into the water. It also lacks any pop. Could use some curves / saturation in my opinion. Second pic is a little better, but still has a funny lean to it as well, but it does pop a little better. 3rd one is not bad. Not a fan of the last 2, but I'm not a big B&W fan. Better to get someone elses read on those two.

the place where these were taken was on a little hill leading to the lake. it was the only place that would have ugly clutter in the background. thank you for the C&C

Your subject(s) (the car and in the later shots your friend as well) get a little lost in the fairly uninteresting background. More isolation/separation would work better, ie shallower depth of field, shots were about f/6.3 with 29-35mm focal length.

I would use a much longer focal length (you'd have to move much further back) and stopped down enough to make the subjects sharply focussed and allow the background to be fairly obvious to compliment the scene/setting but not distracting as in this case.

I did a quick edit on 2 of them to show you what I am talking about, also cropped and leveled both according to the lake edge, levels, saturation adjusted and also contrast.

1. Original

stayner4.jpg

How I see it

wyh6utbi.jpg

4. Original
stayner1.jpg

and how I see it

kp1yqdu7.jpg

Bear in mind these are quick and dirty, and I had to clone in some foreground lower left for the last one once it was straightened.

i thought about useing my larger lens but then somthing told me i should go with 18-55 but thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Most reactions

Back