Elegy for South Park

terriwu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
South Park, San Francisco, CA
The now deserted "Ground Zero" of the dot-com era in San Francisco.

This was taken with a Lubitel 166U. Another plastic camera - this time a TLR. Film was Tri-X 400.

19864799.jpg

I don't know what it is exactly (yet) but i do like this shot. The focus is good, with nice clarity of the closest swing. However there is a slight blur in the top right of something OOF. If the owner of the car parked elsewhere it might have added to the desertion of the shot too.
Good vision to choose the angle for the shot.
If i where you i'd go back and maybe play with a motion shot if you can get them swing in different positions yet still in frame (as they slow down). Could make for a cool shot too!

I like this shot! The lighting is exquisite, especially in the foreground. I've not heard of this particular plastic camera. It's a little cluttered in the background, but since it goes so fuzzy, it's fine by me. Nice shot! :D

Great shot! At first I was distracted a bit by the bright area in the background, but the more I look at it I like the way it kind of draws out the diagonal. I really enjoy the way the light on the sand makes the nearest swing feel three dimensional.

Great clarity of the first swing and the tone is great. Did you develop this yourself?

Good pic.

Is this taken from a window?

I like this too, love the textures of the snow, and the cold steel. All in all I'd say this was a very nicely composed photo, sharply focused, and the snow/steel/deserted aspect of this all work well together.

Oops - I think you might be right drdan - I guess around here the sand doesn't look so fine and pure - still like it though.

Tammy said:
Oops - I think you might be right drdan - I guess around here the sand doesn't look so fine and pure - still like it though.

haha i chuckled at that ;) but anyways very good compostition there! i love how in focus the front swing is... however yes i would suggest a reshoot to get that damn car outta the background and if its still there break the window and put it in nuteral and push it outta the way HAHA! and i am very curious about this new platic camera you have here can you give us (me) a link to a site where i can see it? is it similar to the holga? thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back