"Elijah" by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On the weekend to come, Saturday 2 October and Sunday 3 October, my choir, the choir of the neighbouring town, a big orchestra, 4 solo singers, and a select group of people serving as the "stage choir" will not only perform Mendelssohn's oratorio "Elijah" in the way oratorios are being presented, but put onto a stage like an opera, with people acting while singing, in costumes and all.

Stage choir and "the big choir" (formed from two choirs, actually) got together in the church which is the venue for the first time last Wednesday night, the choir got placed from where we (myself included) are going to perform, and further down on the stage the stage choir members were rehearsing.

As of tomorrow, the stage lights should be there and should get installed, and as of tomorrow also the soloists will be present to rehearse together with the stage choir and play their parts, and they will start rehearsing in costume ... ah, cool: photo ops galore! :D

So, this photo just so you know what I'm up to otherwise... ;)

elijahrehearsal.jpg

During the performance, I'll be standing next to the lady in pink on the right...

Thanks, Walter. Much appreciated.
We're totally tied up in rehearsals all during this week... Now the soloists have arrived, too. So rehearsing has stepped up! More fun now! :D

Bravo! Looking forward to more pictures?.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back