Email Safety Survey

fotoflo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey Photoforum Buddies,
My company (Gwebs – Global Web Security Systems - http://www.gwebs.com) is doing a little survey, and I thought id drop the Survey Bomb on you all. If you could help us that would be GREAT! it should only take 3 minutes and the questions are simple!

Nationality:
Industry:
Position:

Are you concerned about others reading your email? Why or why not?

Assuming you had to send sensitive information by email, how would you stop others from reading it?

If you were looking for a product to help you with this, where would you search for it?

What keywords would you use in your search?

Thanks for your time! Karma will reward you!

You can respond here, or take the official survey by clicking on this link:

http://www.polldaddy.com/s/9E216AFBB5406B1B/

So you'd like us to complete a survey on email security that asks us to provide our email address would you? No thanks...

Immaterial - but on the right side of 19.

Well, if you are offering...

Nationality:

Atlantean

Industry:

I prefer sloth.

Position:

Supine (see last answer)

What's an 'e-mail'?

Assuming you had to send sensitive information by email, how would you stop others from reading it?

Ask them not to read it. If they ignore me I give them a good thrashing. They won't do it again.

If you were looking for a product to help you with this, where would you search for it?

Under Kylie Minogue's bed. So if I get caught I can tell the police I was looking for e-mails?

It's always polite to start with 'hello'.

Can Karma reward me with £10,000?
Or at least put up my bail?

you guys are lame.

The email address is not required on that survey btw.

gosh, its just 2 minutes.

Fine, I'll have a serious attempt.
Hey Photoforum Buddies,
My company (Gwebs – Global Web Security Systems - http://www.gwebs.com) is doing a little survey, and I thought id drop the Survey Bomb on you all. If you could help us that would be GREAT! it should only take 3 minutes and the questions are simple!

Sex: Male
Nationality: Canada
Industry: High School
Position: Grade 11 Student

Are you concerned about others reading your email? Why or why not? No. I'm the only person who uses my laptop.

Assuming you had to send sensitive information by email, how would you stop others from reading it? I encrypt it with an SSL key.

If you were looking for a product to help you with this, where would you search for it? Uh, Google I guess. OpenSSL works just fine.

What keywords would you use in your search? OpenSSL

http://www.polldaddy.com/s/9E216AFBB5406B1B/

you guys are lame.

So what are you when, without telling us why you want this information and what you are going to do with it, you expect us to just answer a bunch of questions that have all the hallmarks of being the start of an attempt to sell us something?
And we certainly won't do it now you are calling us names.
Way to go, PR King! :lol:

If someone wants to read my e-mail I guess they can if I really wanted it to be secure I would probably write my own encryption algorithm or something it may not stop a real hacker but all the skiddies will have no clue what they're looking at all their brute force programs won't work. :)

Nationality:
Industry:
Position:

Ok. I'll answer them here....
Age - 40s
Sex - male last time I checked
Nationality - European
Industry - various (photographer, computer technician, gofer - depending on what needs doing)
Position - CEO of my company.
Am I concerned about others reading my email? Not really because Etchelon reads just about every email sent in the western hemisphere. Also because I don't remember the last time I sent an email. I don't use email very much - not a great tool any more since it has been flooded by spam. I I want to send something very confidential then I simply put it through the ordinary post or use the telephone.
If I was looking for a product to enhance email security then I'd look for a 512 bit public-private key cryptosystem.
What keywords? 512 bit public-private cryptosystem!

Hmm.... Karma's not enhanced any that I notice!

If someone wants to read my e-mail I guess they can if I really wanted it to be secure I would probably write my own encryption algorithm or something it may not stop a real hacker but all the skiddies will have no clue what they're looking at all their brute force programs won't work. :)

Book codes are always good as nobody else knows what book you're using!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back