EMERGENCY PRAYERS NEEDED!

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife just got an e-mail a short while ago from the mother of our very good friend (also a bridesmaid in our wedding and possible godparent to our future child) Catrina who is vacationing in Jamaica at the moment and has just been diagnosed this morning with acute appendicitis. For some reason the local doctors/hospitals will not treat her for it they simply gave her some pain killers and told her to get home ASAP. To make matters worse they can't find a plane to get home any time soon :shock: I can't imagine what she and her boyfriend must be thinking, feeling, and going through right now. We just pray that they can find a way back to the US before her appendix ruptures.

Please help us by keeping her in your prayers as she will be in our's for a safe return, surgery, and recovery :hugs:

trina2322.jpg

Thanks in advance everyone :hug::

That's terrible!

What's the chances of getting her to Florida, Puerto Rico or anywhere with modern medicine?

Thats my thought. Haven't heard anything back yet, hopefully they will find a way SOON :pale:

ywah I'm with her too!!! Wish her health!!! and good luck...

Keep us updated, Canon Can! And I will keep her in my thoughts and hope only for the very, very best!!!!

My thoughts are with your friend for her quick and safe return. Have they tried approaching the goverment of jamaca?

Well I got a tiny bit more info on this before I left for work last night. Evidentally she was looked at x-rayed, MRI'd whatever they do and in the process of being prepped for surgery when they discovered she didn't have health insurance? I suppose it's possible seeing as how she can only work part time due to having M.S.

Anyway when the doctors (quacks) down there discovered that they changed their minds and told "uh well actually it's just food poisoning so take two of these and go home to YOUR doctors" and directed her immediately out of the hospital. :pissed:

Then when they talked to the airline about getting home asap they said "we have no flights until Sunday, there is just nothing we can do until then You DID miss your originall flight, which we can not refund, but we will happily get you two one way tickets on Sunday for $1500 a piece :D ) pardon my language but what a bunch of assholes :angry1:

I'll keep you all updated in this saga. Thanks for the support :hug::

This is so sad.

Thoughts and prayers for you all. :hug::

I dodged that same myself last year about this time as a matter of fact. Mine happened a month before I was to go on a cruise. Is there anything the US consulate there can do?

OOps I thought I had updated this thread, sorry folks :oops:

Anyway we did finally hear back from her. She is back home now and feeling better. It seems that she DID infact have food poisoning in the first place. The problem comes in where #1 the food that she got VERY sick from was made by the resort she was staying at, #2 the initial diagnosis came from staff doctors on said resort (who were desperately trying to cover it up somehow), #3 the fact that all the details came to us via 3rd party and were distorted quite badly by the time they got all the way back home :confused:

Obviously the resort wanted to avoid a law suit or something but did finally fess-up in the end after some more people got sick :pale: :puke:

Just glad to have her back and feeling better. Thanks so much to everyone who cared! :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back