Emma

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is Emma. I took some pictures of her at some gardens about an hour away from Fort Worth. I basically just followed her around and let her do her thing.

C&C is welcome.

299332849_px94R-XL-2.jpg

299333037_aELgQ-L-2.jpg

299333247_E2rus-XL-5.jpg

299333667_SLayg-XL-2.jpg

299333943_xKXGd-L-2.jpg

299335028_hdeJx-L-2.jpg

To my tired eyes, the first third fifth and sixth are outstanding. the others 2+4 don't do much for me. The second would be great if her eyes were open. Number 4 looks uncomfortably posed, like, "I have to do this but I don't want to ".
5 and 3 may be a little over exposed- la stop down would be a little better. Also, your watermark/logo is too big for these pictures. I would suggest making it smaller and placing it in a corner so as to not take away from your model.
JMHO
Judge Sharpe

I think # 4 is the best in the series since I think the exposure is the best in that one alone with the pose. That pose let the viewer feel connected to the subject but it's not the typical starring at the camera kind of a pose which is good. The foreground and background in number 4 make it a good environmental portrait.

I find the background in the the third one distracting since we have a blown out sky on top, properly lit trees run through the middle and then underexpose water on the bottom.

In number 6, I think it's a good pose but the focus on her seem to be a little soft.

As for the rest, she wasn't looking at the camera as the background don't really help the picture as an environmental portrait kind of a shot.

Just my 2 cent.

Thanks for yalls feedback, it really is helpful! People shooting is definatley not my strong point, but I think I am getting better at it from reading and from you guys giving me pointers :)

Funny isn't it how two people can see the same picture differently. It used to be that for portraits you used a softer focus to diminish skin flaws and such, and it was thought to be flattering, In fact portrait filters were sold that were just for that purpose.
Judge Sharpe

Very nice shots! This one was my favorite, and since it says it's okay to edit your pictures I did a quick edit out of boredom, lol. I thought it could use something to make it 'pop' a little more...get what I'm saying lol?
I just played with the levels, and did some dodging and burning.
299335028_hdeJx-L-2e.jpg

nice edit :) I like to do that too. I usually play with levels too and did on a lot of pics that day, but I think I got tired eyes by this point and couldn't see the difference anymore. I will run the levels on that pic too. this one i actually took an overexposed sky on her and ran two different exposures to put them together but was nervous too do too much more for fear of making it look unnatural. :)

First thing I see on all of your photos is your BIG signature...

Most reactions

Back