Emotive self portrait

Kanikula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
would really love some CCs on this one purleez. I like how its turned out, but there is always room for improvment...

Thanks in advance

DSC_0004bw_2.jpg

i'd like it if we could see your face, i had a hard time figuring out that your head was tilted back like taht, at first it sorta blended into the background and i thought you cloned it out in photoshop or something... otherwise its great though

TY guys :) That bit is a little distracting Curtis - ill fix that!

Cheers for the imut Shorty - i was going for a more lost idenity type thing, but ill def have a look at putting more face in if i decide to shoot again.

Iv just done another edit with a more texture look to it - would love to know if this looks any better??

DSC_0004bw_3.jpg

this is an interesting concept ... and it came out nicely .. i like both variants actually!

sexy but with style in a way

i like the added texture. A thought on adding more of a face, but still keeping the lost identity thing... maybe try just the side of your face, or if thats still too much, try the side of your face, and then do a soft blur to kind of get rid of any distinguishable features on your face, but not so much where it looks fake

It's definitely an interesting concept, there's no doubt about that. And I really love what you're trying to do. I personally like the first one better, but I wish there was a bit more of a defined edge separating your body from the background, you know what I mean? I like that's it soft, but I think it might be too soft, and your body almost becomes indistinguishable from the background. But, maybe you were going for that very effect, to really emphasize yourself with the words, which, if that's the case, I wouldn't even have brought it up. So maybe you can just clarify for me if that super-soft edge of body effect was on purpose. That little tiny complaint aside, the image is wonderful. I really mean that. This is the sort of shot I got into photography for, it's different, and I LOVE different. Nice work.

Both versions are very good. The textured one has a slight edge for my. I think the lost idendity works well without necessarily see more of your face.

There is one distraction for me though. I will try to put this delicately. In the writings of the overlay,there is a sentence that reads "...I wish I could see you again..." I feel some editing on the word "could" is in order.

[EDIT: my spellling is atrocious tonight. please overlook]

Both versions are very good. The textured one has a slight edge for my. I think the lost idendity works well without necessarily see more of your face.

There is one distraction for me though. I will try to put this delicately. In the writings of the overlay,there is a sentence that reads "...I wish I could see you again..." I feel some editing on the word "could" is in order.

I just spend a good three minutes or so looking for this 'distraction' you were talking about. I found one 'I wish I could see you again', and it wasn't striking me as odd. Then I really searched, and found another one. I'm not sure if it's the same one...let me put it this way, I'm not sure why someone would scrutinizingly examine that area of the picture so much as to notice anything. I'm sort of confused. Kundalini, I'm not out to embarrass you, but what in the hell are you talking about? :p

i really like this, very creative, the two things that stick out to me that maybe could be looked at, your fingers curled where you are grabbing at your hair, they seem slightly chopped off. also where your hair is laying across your forehead. your face isnt showing but the hair is distinguished, it looks like your hair is laying across your face and lips. I know this isnt comming across right, so please dont take this the wrong way. the hair looks odd at the top of the head, maybe the hair is to sharp, the face too soft, something just looks odd..

i really do like this photograph though..

I just spend a good three minutes or so looking for this 'distraction' you were talking about. I found one 'I wish I could see you again', and it wasn't striking me as odd. Then I really searched, and found another one. I'm not sure if it's the same one...let me put it this way, I'm not sure why someone would scrutinizingly examine that area of the picture so much as to notice anything. I'm sort of confused. Kundalini, I'm not out to embarrass you, but what in the hell are you talking about? :p

If you must know. The two images that were posted had the same incident that my comment referred to, therefore I knew it was part of the image and not a spot on my monitor.. There was a "blip" in the image that seemed out of place to me. So in order to convey my thought in as delicate a manner as possible and afford Kanikula the location of said "blip", I scrutinized the image. If she wanted to address the "blip" then so be it. I was not viewing it by any perverted means as you may have assumed, but through the eyes of a photographer in an effort to have some discretionary critique of a possible oversight.

Does that help? You'll have to do worse than that to embarrass me. :wink:

Wow so much feedback and suggestions since i left - right ill have a go at answering you all now!! LOL

this is an interesting concept ... and it came out nicely .. i like both variants actually!

sexy but with style in a way

TY Alex

i like the added texture. A thought on adding more of a face, but still keeping the lost identity thing... maybe try just the side of your face, or if thats still too much, try the side of your face, and then do a soft blur to kind of get rid of any distinguishable features on your face, but not so much where it looks fake

Good suggestion and will give it a try on a reshoot :)

It's definitely an interesting concept, there's no doubt about that. And I really love what you're trying to do. I personally like the first one better, but I wish there was a bit more of a defined edge separating your body from the background, you know what I mean? I like that's it soft, but I think it might be too soft, and your body almost becomes indistinguishable from the background. But, maybe you were going for that very effect, to really emphasize yourself with the words, which, if that's the case, I wouldn't even have brought it up. So maybe you can just clarify for me if that super-soft edge of body effect was on purpose. That little tiny complaint aside, the image is wonderful. I really mean that. This is the sort of shot I got into photography for, it's different, and I LOVE different. Nice work.

Thankyou v.much for a lovly comment :lovey: Yes i was going for that indistinguishable look to it - i wanted to melt into the image for emphasis, kind of like poetry with pictures :)

:lol: TY for pointing that out - ill get onto it asap

i really like this, very creative, the two things that stick out to me that maybe could be looked at, your fingers curled where you are grabbing at your hair, they seem slightly chopped off. also where your hair is laying across your forehead. your face isnt showing but the hair is distinguished, it looks like your hair is laying across your face and lips. I know this isnt comming across right, so please dont take this the wrong way. the hair looks odd at the top of the head, maybe the hair is to sharp, the face too soft, something just looks odd..

i really do like this photograph though..

TY, the hair thats across my face is actually my frindge sticking up :) Ill have a pop at softening that part slightly and maybe buring the edge of my face a touch.. (ps didnt take it the wroing way at all :) )

I like it. I wish I had that creativity. Keep it up!!

Thanks TC

This is beautiful work Kanikula! Great job. :thumbup:

NJ

Thanks NJ

well you guys a brill and i have some fab suggestions thrown in there, so thankyou - ill make a couple of the minor changes soon and repost :)

I love this image. I think its GREAT. I agree with the hair comment would be nice to not see your bangs. I like not seeing your face.

The one miniscule coment I had was there is a little black string or part of a word (ahhhh lets see how I say this) right between your legs.

Most reactions

Back