Empty Chairs

jenko

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have noticed that I photograph a lot of empty chairs. I cannot quite articulate why I am drawn to capturing them. Anyway, I have been thinking about a series of empty chair shots. I am just not sure how they would work as a group. Any thoughts on the idea or the images is welcome and appreciated.

Three shots from very different places ...

1. Fishing Camp
0hannahsferry900_zpse77077db.jpg

2. Hilton in Chicago
0hilton900_zpsa71f9902.jpg

3. Buddhist Monastery
0monestary900_zpsede6090d.jpg

I like the first two.

It's a solid idea, with tremendous potential for shots in many,many places.

It's a solid idea, with tremendous potential for shots in many,many places.

Thanks for your input, Derrel! I was also thinking different places and settings to add lots of variety. It is interesting to me how the chairs can give clues to the places in which they are being used.

I like these, especially the last two. Its a very interesting idea with a lot of potential.

Not bad individually, awesome as a set. I think this would be great for a book after you have enough.

Thanks for the comments!

It will take me some time to finish this series, as these shots are "discovered" rather than invented. I do have a few ideas of specific types of places/chairs. So far, I have not been interested in having people present in the shots, and have even avoided them purposely, like at the Hilton. A book may be a good way to present them, so thanks for the idea!

Most reactions

Back