End of the monsoon season in New Mexico

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, it's September now (duh!), and traditionally, this spells the end of our monsoon season. We'll have markedly less moisture, and therefore, far fewer chances for great clouds at sunset, fewer chances of thunderstorms and therefore fewer chances to catch shots of lightning.

Our skies will be more intensely blue. The air is already getting more crisp in the mornings. Hot air balloons are becoming more frequent, until a veritable explosion of them at the annual Balloon Fiesta in the first week of October.

So, these are among the last of the monsoon clouds and sunsets.

2833200734_494c2ac1ac_b.jpg

2833200290_8ab2441d62_b.jpg

2832362533_5ef402e664_b.jpg

And this is more what our skies will be like over the next month.

2833201516_eb99cc4c80.jpg

All i have to say is wow, i would love to live there.

The first one has amazing detail in the rocks
Truly crisp and clear sunsets in that area.

Thanks for posting these :)

I agree with Apex, WOW!! Amazing details and beautiful colors. I would kill to have a chance to photograph this area. Keep up the good work!!

Days with skies as deeply blue as can be seen in your last photo are among the rarest here! Such an intense colour. Wonderful! OF COURSE, also your cloudy sunsets are. I quite like the silhouetted trees in the third photo, but in the second I also like that the light on the right behind you illuminates the houses just a little!

In the first, I feel distracted by the red roof in the foreground. Rock and cloud are pretty, but my eyes get invariably drawn to that house.

Thanks all.

Corinna, agree with you totally. Was trying out my 70-300 lens that day and evening. The first three images were with that lens.

Often, with my 17-85 lens, I frame so that the houses aren't in the composition. This time I decided to see what would happen. I agree that the roof is too distracting. I don't think desaturating it would help enough.

I'm also not ecstatic about the over all crispness of focus with the 70-300 lens. It does a fair job, but hunts with AF. MF is better, especially with 'Live View.'

So...

This morning I ordered Canon's 70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM lens. This will be my first L lens. I'm excited but also aghast that I'm spending so much dinero.

:stun:

Wowowow!!
#2 blew me away!!
:)
All of them are amazing!
I want to go to NM so badly, my Aunt lives there!

Wowowow!!
#2 blew me away!!
:)
All of them are amazing!
I want to go to NM so badly, my Aunt lives there!
I'd invite you to stay with us, but looking at your avatar, my wife might object just a bit! :lmao:

And thank you for the compliments.

The second photo is gorgeous! I'll be sad when the monsoons are over too. Thanks for posting these.

The second photo is gorgeous! I'll be sad when the monsoons are over too. Thanks for posting these.
Thanks Christina.

Found out yesterday that our son's tournament has been changed over thanksgiving from San Diego, to Phoenix for the Tempe Pros tournament.

Looks like we'll be in town twice now!

Number 2 is stunning. Not only is the sky ridiculously beautiful, but also the orange sunlight on the side of the buildings adds to the relaxing effect of the image. Great job!

The sky in number 3 is crazy as well.

Thanks Federico.

It was one of those "oh thank you" moments.

i love the 2nd and third pic good job..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back