end of the season farmland

mapgirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was on a farm helping sort squash when I looked out the back of the barn and saw this.

I would love any comments or suggestions. Thanks.

gleanfarm.jpg

Beautiful clouds. Only think I would do is crop out the mud and the plastic container.

It is an OK shot, love the sense of isolation. Straighten out that horizon. Try out the rule of thirds and cut out a little bit of that sky. I like the mud!

I think the mud adds more to the picture than the sky, definitely. This is a case where a two stop graduated ND filter would have made a huge difference. Nice capture.

Thank you all for your comments!
When I looked out the back of the barn, I was struck by the beauty of the sky, almost carefree, while the mud with the torn-up furrows showed the work, even exhaustion of the end of the growing season.
At least that how it seemed to me and what I wanted to convey.

tirediron--I don't know anything about the effects of an ND filter. What would it have done?

A graduated neutral density filter is one which provides a gradual darkening affect so that the lower part of the image receives the amount of light that is out there, but the brighter sky loses one, to two stops, making the clouds and blue sky more distinct.

Most reactions

Back