Eneloop Batteries

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I made a small investment in rechargeable batteries. I purchased some Eneloop AA batteries and charger. I LOVE these things!!!

The last wedding we did we took a combined 1300+ shots, almost all of them with flash (unfortunately). Each of the cameras is equipped with it's own external flash. Never had to replace the batteries in either flash. Cycle times were still strong at the end as well.

The wedding prior, we took a combined 1500+ shots...and went through 20 AA batteries in 8 hours!!!

The eneloop batteries paid for themselves the first time out :thumbsup:

Good stuff. I've recently heard about these, they sound pretty good.
I use Energizer 2500 mAh batteries and they last pretty well.

I would encourage everyone to use rechargeables, they do save you money and they keep alkaline batteries out of landfills.

I'm not sure what it is, something about the technology of the Eneloops? But they definitely outperformed my Impact 2500 mAh batteries. And I'm not positive, but I think the Eneloops are only rated at 1900 or 2000 mAh?

Either way, you're right Mike. Rechargeables will absolutely save you money!

I was recently turned onto this site http://www.thomas-distributing.com/index.htm , which has pretty good deals on all sorts of batteries and accesories. I looked around and they seem to have a good reputation. I'm going to order myself a fancy battery charger that will display the charge level and capacity of the batteries, as well as do things like revive old batteries and charge at different rates etc.

I can vouch for Thomas Distributing batteries - i bought 8(?) + an international charger 2 yrs ago and the batteries STILL hold a long, powerful charge and i really put them to the test (lotsa kid toys!!!).

Most reactions

Back