energy independance colonial style

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by mysteryscribe, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Patrice

Patrice No longer a newbie, moving up!

I agree with you Mysteryscribe. Photography is about evoking feelings through images.

2. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

To that end my son in law and i have a big disagreement going on now. He is convinced that great photography is about how you use light. I on the other hand think great photography is about how you see the world around you.

Technique is just to help you show what you see in the best light consistently. If you don't have the vision then all the technique in the world will just give you better snapshots. Technique is best for professional photographers to consistently produce acceptable pictures. Pictures of events that are boring beyond belief on the whole.

The inspired novice can make a very memorable shot with a heck of a lot technically wrong with it. I was very fortunate to have been trained by a painter who knew photography.

Many people buy a camera and learn technique as they go along. Fstops and shutter speeds ect, but they never get the philosophy of creation. Never even know there is a different way to see things.

Dear god I can't believe how pompous that sounds. Now you see why I don't come around often too full of myself.