Engagement Session 1-28-06

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This ended up being a tough shoot for me for a lot of different reasons that are probably better left unsaid, but here's a few from an engagement session I did this past Sat. The woman is a photographer from another board, so it was a bit unnerving to shoot someone who actually might know what's good and bad. The lighting was really harsh b/c of the time she wanted to meet, so exposure control was a real workout. (Thank God for RAW.)

Anyway here they are:

55469756.jpg

55555824.jpg

55555834.jpg

I'm not too sure about these two, but I thought I'd try something different:

4. Sepia:
55555743.jpg

5. Old time "Linen" print look:
55555741.jpg

Thoughts on the processing? I'd appreciate any and all comments.

I think these look really lovely. I can understand why it might be nervewracking to photograph for another photographer, but I think she'll really like these. How do you get that glowy/soft look? If it's done in ps...can it be done in elements? Maybe someone can post the steps for doing it.
As far as the experimental 4th one goes, I really like the idea but think it would've looked better if the couple wasn't so centered.

Boltthrower said:
In the first one at first glance I thought he was sticking his tongue out at her cause the branch behind him

Other than that I think that they all look really good :)

Hahha, someone on another board pointed that out. How's this instead:

55557580.jpg

I REALLY like the second image. VERY nice! The only critique I'm compelled to offer is that you stress more strongly the importance of clothing selection in your planning.

The clothing choice here works best in the second image since her blouse repeats the tones of the columns.

Pete

Christie Photo said:
I REALLY like the second image. VERY nice! The only critique I'm compelled to offer is that you stress more strongly the importance of clothing selection in your planning.

The clothing choice here works best in the second image since her blouse repeats the tones of the columns.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Her being a photog, I assumed (mistake) she knew better. They're both wearing tennis shoes too. Ugh. It's just a bad situation all together and I'm going to stop before I cross the rant threshold. ;)

Boltthrower said:
In the first one at first glance I thought he was sticking his tongue out at her cause the branch behind him

haha, I thought that too. I actually thought it was kind of cute.
I'm going to ask again becauase I'm really really curious...how did you get that glowing look? I want to see if I can do something like that. I only have PS Elements though.
If no one here knows (or wants to explain!), do you mind if I use your images as an example over in the how-to section?

AprilRamone said:
haha, I thought that too. I actually thought it was kind of cute.
I'm going to ask again becauase I'm really really curious...how did you get that glowing look? I want to see if I can do something like that. I only have PS Elements though.
If no one here knows (or wants to explain!), do you mind if I use your images as an example over in the how-to section?

hahah, sorry, I missed that part.

Copy to new layer, Despeckle it, median filter, gaussian blur, HSB color filter, curves, levels, contrast in the new layer. Set the opacity about 55% or so.

I don't have Elements, so I don't know if you can do all those things or not. I'm not 100% happy with the work flow yet, its a bit uncontrolled at times, but I've gotten some good results.

Oh and feel free to use my pics if you want.

Thanks Robert,
I'm going to see if I can get something close with Elements. I'll post if I can!

-Ok, so I tried the blur part, which seems to help a bit and I did the despeckle thing..but I can't figure out HSB color filter...what does HSB stand for? And in your photoshop, where is it located? Do you make the contrast less in the copied layer? Here is what I have so far:
BEFORE:
11000014Resized.jpg

AFTER:
11000014soft.jpg

Most reactions

Back