Engagement Session

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are samples of the engagement session from this morning. The client is getting married next month in a fancy vineyard so for the e-session they wanted something different then traditional foliage.

3872934935_1ddf98dd77_o.jpg

3872030637_90e6e35fa9_o.jpg

3872935053_b9be858e70_o.jpg

3872935121_a9fd8c7830_o.jpg

3873720930_e655aa599e_o.jpg

3872814558_afb1a7c0f8_o.jpg

3880421964_aa04a90dd9_o.jpg

8 I couldn't stop laughing this afternoon editing this shot :lol:
3872814640_e2719e0678_o.jpg

3873720962_6e3f9e3e00_o.jpg

Edit: Added a few more samples from the session. The client wanted a variety of editing for this series.

Last edited:
thanks twocolor and IgsEMT! :D

The second view is very nice. I like the mono-chromatic look.

I would like to see her legs/feet more out and away from her and not so bunched up. Her hair too needed some attention.

Good job with the clothing selection!

-Pete

The second view is very nice. I like the mono-chromatic look.

I would like to see her legs/feet more out and away from her and not so bunched up. Her hair too needed some attention.

Good job with the clothing selection!

-Pete

Pete good eye! that's true I think her hair could've used some attention. Your suggestion for the legs could've worked great too. I wish I had a better shot from this series apparently it's the best one out of the 3. Thanks for the comments much appreciated :thumbup:

Her hair too needed some attention.
-Pete

On this version her hair is a little better. I was trying to decide between the two and now that I look at it more the angle is better as well.

3879874443_e4f8be9b83_o.jpg

So here's a couple more on this series to share. I'm about half way and it's taking quite some time since the client wanted variety. I usually prefer the sharp and somewhat rugged look.

1. Here's the more traditional style pose and edit. All I use to do is soften(somewhat of an orton) when I was starting and posed clients like this. But it got repetative after a while so I changed my approach eventually.

3883160129_20f114136b_o.jpg

2. I think the market is moving towards this style of edit/finish and composition, especially to clients who belong in the X and Y generations. I had a discussion earlier with a fellow TPF member and saw how much of a difference a traditional eye sees photography. Nothing wrong with that view, just kinda opened my eyes to somethings again.

3883951974_9279f72763_o.jpg

Thanks NJMAN. This has to be one of the biggest e-session jobs I've done. I'm giving them over 250 images on just on the engagement alone and doing a wide variety of editing as requested.

Her hair too needed some attention.
-Pete

On this version her hair is a little better. I was trying to decide between the two and now that I look at it more the angle is better as well.

3879874443_e4f8be9b83_o.jpg

Unbelievable. We spoke with the client and they're going to be ordering(big print and framed) this shot for display in the reception hall for their wedding day(for guests to sign). If Pete handn't said anything I wouldn't have given this as a sample for them to choose as a display. Right On! :thumbup:

Lesson: Never assume what the client will or will not like :D

they look very good number 3 what lens lighting and
f stop

they look very good number 3 what lens lighting and
f stop

Thanks!

F stop: 3.5
Lens: 85mm 1.8

You know you can download exif readers out there that will tell you information like the specs you were asking. Example here

i really like that wall you found. it is always hard to find good graffiti in houston. most of the good locations are just a few scribbles and no real good design.

i really like that wall you found. it is always hard to find good graffiti in houston. most of the good locations are just a few scribbles and no real good design.

Well it was in a baaaad neighborhood so there was plenty to go around. Ever tried the train tracks?

Most reactions

Back