Engagement Sessions | City & Park

MichaelHenson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few of my most recent engagement session. These are some friends of mine so it was a blast and they ended up happy with the shots. Here are a few of my favorites.

I'd love C&C/feedback. I'll be right back after putting my thick skin on... :)

Thanks!
sljq6v.jpg

2hx9ena.jpg

2yxm99s.jpg

2nge72b.jpg

jt84yh.jpg

2wgw4zt.jpg

Thanks again!

The woman's hair color is markedly different between 3 & 4. But then #'s 5 & 6 it is more like in 1,2,&3.

Number 3 had a good amount of sun flare that I burned out a bit. Could that bright sunlight hitting the back of her head be what is changing the color? Now that I think about it, I may have dodged their faces a bit to brighten them up. With her hair color, that could have had an effect too, I think?

focus seems kinda....soft(?) in some of these when viewing the larger image.
most notably in #1 and #6.
I would clone out the orange UFO in #4...its pretty distracting. maybe even the boat? duck? loch ness monster? on the right side of the lake.
flash seems a little hot in #2. was it diffused? no exif data on these, but for #2 I would have gone lighter on the flash (with a diffuser) and longer on the shutter speed (just tell them to hold still..he wont mind!)

I liked the posing in these, especially 2, 5, and 6.
the colors all look good, WB looks fine, and while one could possibly argue that the grassy knoll shots could use a slight bump in exposure, its close enough to maybe just come down to personal taste there. (I would personally bump the exposure just a hair)

overall, a nice set. im sure they are pleased.

focus seems kinda....soft(?) in some of these when viewing the larger image.
most notably in #1 and #6.
I would clone out the orange UFO in #4...its pretty distracting. maybe even the boat? duck? loch ness monster? on the right side of the lake.
flash seems a little hot in #2. was it diffused? no exif data on these, but for #2 I would have gone lighter on the flash (with a diffuser) and longer on the shutter speed (just tell them to hold still..he wont mind!)

I liked the posing in these, especially 2, 5, and 6.
the colors all look good, WB looks fine, and while one could possibly argue that the grassy knoll shots could use a slight bump in exposure, its close enough to maybe just come down to personal taste there. (I would personally bump the exposure just a hair)

overall, a nice set. im sure they are pleased.

Softness - I agree. Could be for a few different reasons? 1) I pulled these from FB, so that might have an impact? 2) I've been struggling a bit with AF on my Sigma 17-50mm/2.8. Sometimes it doesn't want to cooperate and I have to drastically change the distances (focus on something much closer and then go back to my original subject) for it to work...gonna have to get that checked out. 3) I could have just missed it since I was shooting all of these wide open. :(

Roger! I'll clone out the UFO and Loch Ness monster. :) Now that you mention it, they do add an "otherworldly" vibe that doesn't flow with the set.

Flash in #2 - Nope, no diffuser. That's an umbrella with a silver lining that I had actually ripped the diffuser out of at the last minute because it hung down too low and would have looked weird. I can try softening it up a bit but it won't have the same affect as a diffuser... :\

I've given these a second go over (as of last night) and bumped the exposure on them for the finals that I'll be sending the couple. I'll definitely take another look though when I'm cloning out the aliens and monsters.

Thanks for your detailed feedback! It's greatly appreciated!

Most reactions

Back