Engagment Session c&c

cdnaiphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a pic from my very first engagment session. Tell me what ya think...

_DSC0429.jpg

I like the idea, not sure about the execution. I would consider reducing the blur so that the couple, while not sharply focused is better defined. As well, the sky is just a little too bright for my taste.

I like the idea but I think you have to be closer to the ring with them so out of focus or like tirediron says have them a bit more defined.

the background is too bright. Try again with better exposed background.

Thanks for th thoughts! I will try the photo again and see if I can get a little closer to the ring!:D

Avoid any direct sunlight, especially if there is snow on the ground. The snow and sunlight will affect your metering and white balance. If you can, shoot on an overcast day. You will be working with the worlds largest softbox. The light may be a little flat, but no harsh shadows to worry about. Extreme cold can also affect your equipment. It can reduce your battery charge, and fog lenses. The transition from extreme cold to warm can also cause condensation.

Avoid any direct sunlight, especially if there is snow on the ground. The snow and sunlight will affect your metering and white balance. If you can, shoot on an overcast day. You will be working with the worlds largest softbox. The light may be a little flat, but no harsh shadows to worry about. Extreme cold can also affect your equipment. It can reduce your battery charge, and fog lenses. The transition from extreme cold to warm can also cause condensation.

Thanks for the tip!
I am a little confused though, there was no snow in that pic? It was 97 degrees outside:confused:

I can't see how this shot would ever work, why would anyone take off their rings and leave them on the sidewalk, I also would have put my camera down and slapped him for having his hand in his pocket, how romantic is that

I can't see how this shot would ever work, why would anyone take off their rings and leave them on the sidewalk, I also would have put my camera down and slapped him for having his hand in his pocket, how romantic is that

Sure, but photography isn't always about realistic situations, its about art and beauty. I saw a member of this forum who did a wedding of a couple who had a medieval wedding...its not about reality...its about fantasy, beauty and art.

JMHO.

Sure, but photography isn't always about realistic situations, its about art and beauty. I saw a member of this forum who did a wedding of a couple who had a medieval wedding...its not about reality...its about fantasy, beauty and art.

JMHO.

I agree. I dont feel that pictures are always supposed to "make sense"

I kinda liked the casualness of his hand in his pocket also but next time I will be more aware of the pose and get his arm around her ;)

JMHO.

I'm all for that, but this is not art, I shoot lots of Medieval stuff my friend is on of the best armourers in Europe
This is part of a wedding suit he made
431980347_NvF2g-L.jpg

431981674_cv6og-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back