Enjoying my Voigtlander

reignmkr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my newest lens. I'm still getting the hang of MF but I absolutely love this lens! Just some captures to show you what I mean. Enjoy! CC always welcomed.

p815848870-4.jpg

p945513947-4.jpg

p997627478-4.jpg

Nice shots. While shallow DOF is cool, I'm not sure it works in the second one, its just too shallow, and I think it detracts from the flower's beauty. Just my 2 cents though...

I agree with the previous statement about the second shot, and i think that it can also apply to the first one.
It is just so tempting to shoot at f1.4 when you can, especially with such a nice lens.
I think that those two shots would have been better at f2.8ish maybe.

The Bokeh on the third pic is just stuning!

German lenses .. good!

Once german lenses, now the name belongs to cosina I think and they are made in Japan...

Even Zeiss produces some lenses in Asia (or sold their name for that purpose) AFAIK. Hence you are right, brand names do not always tell much about the country of origin anymore :(

That lens looks good. Everyone said its too shallow, but I understand you're showing off something you haven't been able to do before :) I don't blame you... I think we all do this with our equipment. When we get a new zoom, we max it out, a faster lens, we max it out, a camera with a faster fps, we max it out... :) Most of us are gadgetheads at heart...

I agree with the previous statement about the second shot, and i think that it can also apply to the first one.
It is just so tempting to shoot at f1.4 when you can, especially with such a nice lens.
I think that those two shots would have been better at f2.8ish maybe.

The Bokeh on the third pic is just stuning!

This is my first lens at 1.4 and I got overwhelmed with what it can do. Now that I think of it, f2.8 would be the better practice for this shot.

I think the bokeh on this is so creamy!

Thanks again.

That lens looks good. Everyone said its too shallow, but I understand you're showing off something you haven't been able to do before :) I don't blame you... I think we all do this with our equipment. When we get a new zoom, we max it out, a faster lens, we max it out, a camera with a faster fps, we max it out... :) Most of us are gadgetheads at heart...

True that! I also picked up a D200 and I was playing with the fps just now. I definetely play with the new gadgets and their own specific characteristics.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back