Enlarger: Fujimoto 700?

Don Simon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A short post this time :) like the title says, anyone heard of a Fujimoto VR 70 enlarger, or know if Fujimoto enlargers in general are any good?

Thanks!

Edit: never mind :) have just won it on a certain internet auction site. Will post here when I know if it works or not :D

Well, congrats on the new purchase! :D I don't know anything about them, but I am sure it's quite functional and you're on your way to setting up a darkroom.

Way to go! :thumbup:

Hey Terri, unfortunately it looks like I'll have to get rid of it already though. I made an 'accounting error' - namely I forgot about having to pay for a holiday and several bills - so I can't afford to keep it :sad anim:

Those pesky bills!!! They get in the way of real living!! :lol:

Seriously, that's a bummer, dude....hopefully you can let some time go by until you're ready to take another look at it all. :)

Developing B&W film at home is much cheaper than getting the darkroom going, and you still retain some control. Have at it!

Thanks for your sympathy :) The developing I definitely intend to start doing at home; I bought a tank and reel so all I really need now is the chemicals and a film-retriever. Decided to do that as soon as I discovered it takes 7 days and £11 ($20!) to get black & white developed with only 6" x 4" prints :shock:

As for the enlarger, I'm currently trying desperately to get a friend who's on an art & design course to take it off me for slightly less than I paid for it - that way I can still use it by going to his house, hopefully without paying for chemicals :lol: student life has made me cheap like that. I'm not relying on that outcome though so I've popped an ad in the classifieds too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back