Entrance Benches

Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some time off from commissioned wood work to make two entrance benches on spec, as in, for sale immediately :)

The design was driven by two elements I wanted to explore. First the hard edge hand planed on the side of the handles. Secondly, the round leg to square rail joint.

British Columbia Broad-Leaf Maple, natural Watco oil and lacquer finish, leather seat.

Maple front web size.jpg

The most highly figured walnut board I've had the pleasure to work with. Finish is a Watco Danish oil (Black Walnut) and lacquer.

Walnut front web size.jpg

Cheers, Don

Beautiful work. I really love maple, but that walnut sure jumps at my sensibilities too.

That first one is gorgeous. Seriously. I don't have a hallway for such a bench but I gotta take a look at your website.

Oh, my Don, those benches are absolutely gorgeous! While the maple wood bench is indeed quite lovely, the highly-figured walnut bench is absolutely stunning. Earns the Winner badge!

Very nice images....

Beautiful work. I really love maple, but that walnut sure jumps at my sensibilities too.

That first one is gorgeous. Seriously. I don't have a hallway for such a bench but I gotta take a look at your website.

Thank You's !

Oh, my Don, those benches are absolutely gorgeous! While the maple wood bench is indeed quite lovely, the highly-figured walnut bench is absolutely stunning. Earns the Winner badge!

Thank You Derrel,

Somehow the figured walnut came through the system on the normal grading system.

I spied it on the bottom of what was left of a lift of lumber and knew immediately what it was :)

Cheers, Don

I took some time off from commissioned wood work to make two entrance benches on spec, as in, for sale immediately :)

The design was driven by two elements I wanted to explore. First the hard edge hand planed on the side of the handles. Secondly, the round leg to square rail joint.

British Columbia Broad-Leaf Maple, natural Watco oil and lacquer finish, leather seat.

View attachment 160619

The most highly figured walnut board I've had the pleasure to work with. Finish is a Watco Danish oil (Black Walnut) and lacquer.

View attachment 160620

Cheers, Don
Beautiful work!

Great shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back