EOS 350D Antishake - how do i enable it?

conor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Milton Keynes U.K.(Formerly Ballycastle, N.I.
Website
www.conorandlucy.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ive been taking a few pics over the holidays but most are coming out blurred. Someone told me there was an anti shake function on the 350D but i havent been able to find it. And i have mislaid my user guide for the moment! Im sure it will turn up!

A tripod is the best anti-shake function you can get. In just about any instance shooting on a tripod will give you much sharper pictures and you don't need to worry about holding the camera still. (the other thing to check is make sure the camera was focusing properly and wasn't on manual)

The best way as zedin said to get sharp pictures is with a tripod.

After that good quality lenses, fast shutter speeds, alot of light/higher ISO (the former being preferable)

skiboarder72 said:
looks like someone needs a maxxum 5d
Canon IS works better than the maxxum stabilization. Also if you bump your maxxum just a bit too hard, the chassis which carry the sensor break.

Canon is better in that regard.

Conor - what lens do you have?

does the nkon 50D have an anti shake thingy or anything similar? I heard minolta konica was the king of the anti shake system.. (by the sales man obviously..!);)

Actually I can Vouch for the KM antishake i naturally have shaky hands and i was doing a macro shot using my 7D with the antishake on... this is how it turned out

leaf.jpg

a decent rule of thumb that i have heard and one that seems to work pretty well for me is to not use a shutter speed faster than the focal length of your lens for the shot.
i.e. if your camera is at 50mm then you should be safe with a shutter speed of 1/60 or so.
hope that helps!

Most reactions

Back