EOS 70D Mode Dial problem...

patricio7707

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi ... I'm Patricio from Argentina.
One week ago I received from the U.S. a Canon EOS 70D.
It worked ok until yesterday.

Since today, when I want to choose different modes with the dial mode, the camera just sets: P or A+ (auto).

- If I select A+ mode (Auto mode) or "Disabling Flash mode" or "Manual mode" .... the camera sets as A+ (Auto mode).

- If I select modes: CA, SCN, C, B, AV, TV, or P ... the camera sets as "P mode".

I have read some similar cases in other models of EOS cameras ... they recommen do a "hard reset" by removing the main battery and clock battery.
I tried to do that, but this model (EOS 70D) seems to have a battery for the date and clock ... but it is internal, It`s a rechargeable battery.

I guess as a new model, there is no more than the actual firmware, that comes from factory ... so I can`t try to update, since there is no other firmware available.

Anyone have any suggestions before taking it for service?

Thanks!

you can see what's wrong with my 70D here: (the mode selected by the dial, it's not the same on the screen)

$1618324_542466362519437_425681480_o_zps4bd84b2b.jpg

If you just received it a week ago I would contact the supplier that you purchased it from and see about returning it for a replacement camera. That is a unique problem that I have not heard of.

From the menu, I tried: [Clear all camera settings]... nothing happens. The problem persists.
It is not rentable send the camera back to the U.S., for costs and time.

In that case, I prefer contact Canon Argentina (Local).

It's up to what ever you want to do. Personally, If I had a brand new camera for 1 week that quit working, I would rather have a brand new replacement than to have that one fixed.

It's up to what ever you want to do. Personally, If I had a brand new camera for 1 week that quit working, I would rather have a brand new replacement than to have that one fixed.

I agree with you. But there are other aspects (distance, cost and import restrictions in my country) so I'm forced to solve the problem here.
The camera was brought by a friend, worked perfect the first week ...

Have you tried downloading the same firmware onto a memory card and then doing a firmware "update?"

I'm not sure if it will actually update if it's the same version you already have. But it might. In which case that would basically be a "hard reboot"

Have you tried downloading the same firmware onto a memory card and then doing a firmware "update?"

I'm not sure if it will actually update if it's the same version you already have. But it might. In which case that would basically be a "hard reboot"

I guess it's because it's a new model .... But I don´t find the current firmware to re-install. Canon han´t released an update yet.

In some of the CDs that come with the box ... is the current firmware?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back