EOS 800D vs 77D vs 80D

With that said other than the weather sealing,

After a recent experience I am sold on weather sealing. Having said that, it would really be moot if you pair a weather sealed body with a non-weather sealed lens.

Get the 77D and with with savings another lens.

Last edited:
Or 90D supposedly coming later this year.

80D is getting a bit long in the tooth now I think though still a good camera. At 5 fps it's a bit slow for widlife or sports though, but that may not be what you are looking for.

I use my top LCD a lot to setup, I'd be loathe to give that up. Really though if I was starting again I'd probably go Nikon for their excellent sensors and higher MP count.

The 80d is 7fps which is on par with other cameras in it's price range.
Comparison with the 77d. For the extra money the 80D provides the following, 1 more fps, weather sealing and the ability to micro adjust your focus.

For me to shoot wildlife two things are mandatory in a camera. Weather sealing and the ability to adjust the focus. You can have the most expensive lens/body combo in the world but if they factory tolerances don't line up, you're no better off than shooting with a kit lens.

The 80d is 7fps which is on par with other cameras in it's price range.
Comparison with the 77d. For the extra money the 80D provides the following, 1 more fps, weather sealing and the ability to micro adjust your focus.

For me to shoot wildlife two things are mandatory in a camera. Weather sealing and the ability to adjust the focus. You can have the most expensive lens/body combo in the world but if they factory tolerances don't line up, you're no better off than shooting with a kit lens.

I stand corrected then, I just quickly looked at a google search and managed to pull off a figure when shoting raw and while the buffer is clearing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back