EOS cell phone connection app

This child

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I just downloaded Canon's camera to cell phone connection app.
Has anyone here used the app and how did it work for you?
Thanks

Are you having issues with it?

Easy enough for me to get the camera out and connect it if you are having spesific issues...
No problems. I was able to connect camera to phone .
I was reading the reviews in the app store and there were a lot of negative comments,
so I was just curious.

I used it for the first time last month and had no issues. It was for a self timer type shot. There are controls for your settings, but I already had those plugged in. Had in the 2 second timer and it seemed to have no delay.

I used it for the first time last month and had no issues. It was for a self timer type shot. There are controls for your settings, but I already had those plugged in. Had in the 2 second timer and it seemed to have no delay.
Thanks

I own an EOS R....and now a Google Pixel 6.
I have a Vello remote trigger that i love and use frequently...however, using a phone app would intrigue me if I could also use it to select the focus point. Also when I do landscapes and the camera is low to the ground with the tripod legs splayed flat (to get a puddle reflection or long exposure on a windy day) it would be nice to change camera settings from a phone rather than having to bend down to get ground level in mud or puddle to use the rear camera display...(yeah I'm almost 60)

I too have heard less than glowing reviews of Canon free software so I might pay for something better, just as I never liked their DPP software and didn't mind paying for Lightroom. Interestingly enough the more recent reviews seem to be the more unfavorable ones. I wonder if it because it is old and not updated to work well in more up-to-date versions of android.
Does anyone use another android phone app for remote trigger? Has anyone gone on a similar journey searching for a good android phone app?

Most reactions

Back