EOS or Vintage Canon ?

The shutter makes a big difference - leaf, horizontal focal plane or vertical focal plane produce very different pictures, particularly with moving subjects.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk
Easy...Pentax ME, Spotmatic, and a Mamiya ...I'll pick up an ME at the flea market, already have the other 2. [emoji6]

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
Point I was trying to make is the importance of the body beyond holding the lens and sensor in place. The type of shutter is every bit as important as either the lens or sensor/film.

Your: "The glass and the film is everything. The body is just a shutter"

The shutter makes a big difference - leaf, horizontal focal plane or vertical focal plane produce very different pictures, particularly with moving subjects.

Easy...Pentax ME, Spotmatic, and a Mamiya ...I'll pick up an ME at the flea market, already have the other 2. [emoji6]

Point I was trying to make is the importance of the body beyond holding the lens and sensor in place. The type of shutter is every bit as important as either the lens or sensor/film.

Your: "The glass and the film is everything. The body is just a shutter"

No matter what shutter you have...if the film is not the right speed/ quality for the occasion and your glass is crap...your shot is crap. That sir is not an opinion...it's a fact. Leaf, vertical, horizontal... preference. I like leaf...I don't really do action shots. But hey...that's just me. You may want to do race cars ... You need a vertical? Right? I feel ya...

Great point. Leaf shutters do expand creative control.

Nothing wrong with a good tangent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back