EP-3+VF2 or Fujifilm X-E1

nickzou

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seems very similar to my previous thread but a friend of a friend is selling his E-P3 and he's willing to part with it for 600 bucks, that's with the 28mm 2.8 (which I heard isn't very good), the body, and the VF2 (which I heard is very good and similar to the viewfinder in the OM-D). On eBay a new Fujifilm X-E1 can be found as low as 725. Should I just get the E-P3? Or should I save my pennies for the APS-C sensor? This sensor problem has really been holding me back I find. I'm not particularly worried about the noise performances anything like that but I have a Jupiter-8 and on M4/3 it's wayyyy too cropped. I've been dealing with it up until now but I'm not sure if I want to put up with the crop factor any longer.

Last edited:
I think you need to get over trying to get a body to "match" your Jupiter-8. The J-8 is good but not as good as a Minolta 45/2, I have both. You would be better off sticking with M4/3 format & purchasing native wider lenses. Depends on how wide you want but there is the Sigma 19/2.8 or the Pany 14/2.5 available @ reasonable prices.

I might just get this then. This was all I really wanted at the beginning of my search for a new mirrorless camera but the body plus the EVF (new) put it over the price of the OM-D so I started looking in that direction. The main thing about the Jupiter-8 is that I've been shooting with that lens exclusively for the past year and a half. It's super lightweight, doesn't protrude all that much, and renders images the way I want. The only issue I have with it is that is when I'm hanging out with friends and trying to take pictures of them, I have to really stand away from the action to get anything. Even still, my D7000 is gathering dust except for professional work where money is on the line.

Not sure you're getting a Fujifilm Canada warranty at that price. C$899 is about the cheapest a new X-E1 body goes for today. Nice camera. Fuji-X adapters available for nearly all mounts.

Damn, I was too slow. Guy already sold it. Oh well, back to the hunt.

Most reactions

Back